Your water heater is an important piece of equipment when it comes to maintaining the day-to-day operation of your household. Hot showers, warm water for dishes, washing laundry and many other things are dependent on the effective operation of your water heater. Many people are unsure about when it’s time to either replace their water heaters or get professional water heater repair.
Thankfully, by paying attention to just a few key indicators, you can determine when it’s time to look into repairs or a replacement of your water heater:
- Maintenance history: The amount of preventative maintenance that your water heater has had is a huge indicator of its longevity. Two water heaters of the exact same brand, age and model might have drastically different levels of performance if one has received regular routine maintenance and the other has not. Consider the extent to which your water heater has been maintained when determining whether replacement is worth it.
- Amount of use: If your water heater is used only occasionally for brief periods of time, it will likely hold up longer over time. A water heater that is used in a larger household for long periods of time many times a day will likely be due for repairs or a complete replacement sooner.
- Local water quality: Your water heater can be impacted significantly by the quality of the water that it takes in. For example, if you live in an area with hard water or low-quality water, it is more likely that your water heater will experience sediment buildup, which will shorten its life.
- Age: The age of your unit is one of the most important considerations if you are weighing repair and replacement. If you have a newer unit, it makes sense to take care of repairs since your water heater will probably last for several more years. If, on the other hand, you have an older unit, a full replacement can be a worthwhile investment that will save you on future recurring repair costs.
- Signs of wear and tear: Any signs of leaks, mineral buildup or rust on your unit indicate that replacement could be necessary. You might see signs of rust or corrosion on your water heater unit itself, but these issues can also be observed in the quality of your water. If you notice rust in your tap water, it is important that you get professional water heater replacement as soon as possible.
- Performance: In some cases, you might notice that your water heater simply isn’t doing a very good job at heating water. If this is the case, you can always ask a professional to assess the issue—you might be able to resolve the problem with simple water heater repair.
When you decide that it’s time to bid your broken water heater farewell, Affordable Rooter is here to help you with water heater replacement. For years, we have been serving the needs of the community with comprehensive plumbing services, helpful and skilled technicians and exceptional customer service. We even offer a price match to meet any lesser service bids! We would be more than happy to assist you with your residential or commercial plumbing needs, so feel free to drop us a line today to find out more about our services and rates.
Categorised in: Water Heater Replacement
This post was written by Writer