Unclogging a sink is probably one of the most frustrating things to experience as a homeowner, but it doesn’t have to be with the right methods. If you would like information about clearing your plumbing system and different ways you can achieve this, continue reading.
Best Methods To Clear a Clogged Sink
Are you looking for ways to remove a sink clog? You can easily use some items that are already in your home to effectively clog any sink in your home. Sink clogs are caused by hair, food, scum, and other debris trapped in the sink. These methods can also be used when preventing a to clog:
- Vinegar and baking soda – Did you know that mixing vinegar and baking soda can effectively unclog any sink in your home? Baking soda and vinegar are also good for keeping items in your refrigerator lively and can even do wonders when washing your clothes. To unclog your sink, simply use one cup of baking soda vinegar and pour it down the sink. Before you use hot water to clear the drain, let the mixture remain for 15 minutes.
- Boil some water – This is probably the easiest method to use because it is simple. All you need to do is boil at least 8 cups of water and pour it right down the drain.
- Use a drain snake – If you have tried a couple of methods already just to be unsuccessful, try using a drain snake to get rid of the clog. You will simply need to put the drain snake down the drain until you hit the area where it is clogged. You should easily be able to get all of the debris in the sink out with the snake.
- Use a plunger – Plungers aren’t just good when it comes to unclogging your toilet. They also work wonders at unclogging sinks. Once your sink has enough water in it, you can use the plunger to help unclog your sink and drain the water.
- Take the sink trap apart – If you made it this far, that means that none of the above methods worked to your advantage. The next method for you to try would be to remove the sink trap at the bottom of the sink. They can easily be unscrewed, but you want to make sure that you lay down some old newspaper to catch any debris.
In the future, the best way to avoid a clogged sink in the first place is to practice various methods that will prevent them from occurring. Take advantage of drain screens and place them in your sinks. Drain stoppers are also handy since they can trap debris and food from entering the drain. Never pour grease into your drain. Finally, the best way to ensure that your pipes remain clean is by pouring boiling water down the drain at least once every week.
Categorised in: Drain Cleaning
This post was written by admin